Friday, March 30, 2018

Everything points to Jesus

Scripture:

John 5:39 "You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life.  But the Scriptures point to me!"

Observation:

Jesus was telling people that He was sent by God and they didn't understand.  He says something here that many would have had, and many still would have a problem with.  He said that they were searching the Scriptures for eternal life, but that the Scriptures point to Him.  He was not discrediting the power of searching the Scriptures, but letting them know that these Scriptures were trying to let them know about Him.

Application:

Jesus is the center of everything.  The Scriptures are meant to point to Him!  Eternal life is not found by knowing more of the Scripture, but by knowing Jesus.  We tend to look to the Bible for everything we need for life.  Here Jesus was saying, look to Him, because He is the one Scripture is pointing to.  The Scriptures are crucial to our spiritual lives, but most important in our walk with Jesus.  He must be the center of everything.  Then the Scriptures will really be able to help us.

Prayer:

Jesus, I want to know You more.  Reveal Yourself to me.  Everything points to You and I want my life to be about You and Your kingdom.  Help me to live every day with my ear toward heaven and my heart ready to do what You want done in the earth.  Give me opportunities today to share Your love and life with someone.

Yours
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment