Monday, May 2, 2016

Life and Peace

Scripture:

Romans 8:6  "The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace".

Observation:

Paul is telling us here that when our mind is given over to and controlled by the flesh, it will bring about death and that the mind that is governed or led by the Spirit is life and peace.  In order to enjoy life and walk in peace, you must walk in the Spirit.

Application;

So many people have no peace in their lives and no hope or joy.  This kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.  When we walk in the Spirit, we will walk in righteousness, peace and joy.  When we live according to our own spirit, death, hopelessness, and sorrow await.  I would much rather be led by the Holy Spirit.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are awesome and You enable Your people to walk in true peace and joy.  Let me walk according to Your Spirit and not according to my flesh.  Help me to see things Your way and not my own way.  Let my life be completely given to You and led my You.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment