Saturday, May 14, 2016

When Even Your Haters Have to Prophesy Good Things About You

Scripture:

I Samuel 26:25  "Then Saul said to David, 'May you be blessed, David my son; you will do great things and surely triumph'.  So David went on his way, and Saul returned home".

Observation:

Saul had been hunting for David in the wilderness for quite a while now.  Saul was the king and had a fantastic army protecting him and helping him hunt for David.  Even being protected by the Israel's best, David was able to take the water jug and spear from King Saul while he was asleep.  It tells us earlier that God put the whole camp into a deep sleep.  When Saul wakes up, David shows him that the Lord had given Saul into his hands, but that David refused to kill him.  Saul replies to David by prophesying good things about David's future.

Application:

God has a way of taking those who He loves and blessing them so richly that even their enemies can't help but prophesy good things about them.  God can lift you to a place where those who are totally against you have to recognize that God is with you and that you will have success because of that.  God can bless you so much that your haters have to speak good things about you.

Prayer:

Father, let Your grace and favor rest on my life.  Let those who hate me have to prophesy good things about me.  Help me to see that nothing is impossible for You and that You will defend me at all times when my heart is right and pure before You.  Let Your name be praised.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment