Tuesday, May 10, 2016

When God Regrets a Decision

Scripture:

I Samuel 15:35  "Until the day Samuel died, he did not go to see Saul again, though Samuel mourned for him, and the Lord regretted that he had made Saul king over Israel".

Observation:

Saul was given precise instructions from the Lord about what to do when they defeated an enemy.  Saul almost did everything the Lord said, but he added to what the Lord had told him to do and brought sacrifices back to offer to the Lord for allowing them to win their battles.  He disobeyed the word of the Lord in order to have a sacrifice to worship the Lord.  God was not happy because he disobeyed the orders of the Lord and God regretted making him king.

Application:

How many times have I as a leader felt God wanted me to do something and I didn't fulfill what I felt God had put in my heart?  When God puts us into a place of leadership, He expects us to do what He says and to fulfill what He puts in our hearts.  We should live a life of complete obedience to the word of the Lord.  We don't want God to regret putting us in a place of leadership in His kingdom.

Prayer:

Father, I want to obey and walk in all that You call me to do.  Help me not to be satisfied with fulfilling only some of what You ask me to do.  I believe that obedience is better than sacrifice.  Help me not to make excuses for why I have not done things You wanted me to do.  I'm sorry for lack of complete obedience.  Please forgive me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment