Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Power Check

Scripture:

I Corinthians 4:19-20  "But I will come to you very soon, if the Lord is willing, and then I will find out not only how these arrogant people are talking, but what power they have.  For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power".

Observation:

Paul was confronting the Corinthians about their sinful lives and the way they were living.  They were apparently proud, bold, and thought they knew everything.  They were full of sin and making excuses for it.  Paul tells them that he will be coming very soon and that then he will find out what kind of power they have because the kingdom of God is not about talk, but power.  Paul was going to do a power check.

Application:

When there is sin, arrogance, pride, rebellion, etc. in our lives, our power level will be draining quickly.  Samson woke up one day and realized his power was gone.  We are often proud of ourselves because we know so much Bible, but we need to do a power check to see if God is really still working with us.  God's kingdom is a kingdom of power, which should produce results.  Are we producing or are we powerless?

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk humbly before you always.  Help me to keep my eye on the main thing, You and Your Kingdom.  Help me to fulfill all You have called me to.  I love You and want to bring You great joy with my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment