Friday, May 13, 2016

God's Protection

Scripture:

I Samuel 23:14  "David stayed in the wilderness strongholds and in the hills of the Desert of Ziph.  Day after day Saul searched for him, but God did not give David into his hands".

Observation:

David was fleeing for his life from king Saul.  Saul was determined to kill him at any cost, but day after day, Saul searched for him and God did not give David into his hands.  The king wanted David killed, but when God wanted him alive, there was nothing the king could do to go against the will of God.

Application:

When God has plans for your life, there is nothing the enemy can do to you except what God allows.  Just like David, we may have to walk through some wilderness and hide, but we will not be given over to the enemy without God's permission.  God protects what is His.  Our job is to stay submitted to and obedient to the will of the Lord, then He will keep us safe from all harm.

Prayer:

Thank You Lord for Your word.  Thanks for taking care of David and for taking care of me.  You are amazing and I appreciate You.  Help me to follow You more completely every day.  Show me where to go and what to do and I will go and do as You wish.  I want to be a willing and obedient servant of Yours.

:Love,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment