Wednesday, May 25, 2016

By All Possible Means

Scripture:

I Corinthians 9:22 "To the weak I became weak, to win the weak.  I have become all things to all people so that by all means I might save some".

Observation:

Paul is talking here about earning his own living and working among the people instead of living from offerings of the churches.  He is telling them that he has done everything possible not to offend anyone and to live in such a way that he can reach people.  He says that he became all things to all people so that by all means he may save some.  Paul went to "all possible means" to save some people.

Application:

Today we don't want to be inconvenienced in any way.  If it is uncomfortable to us, we don't feel like God would want us to do it.  We like everything to be nice and neat and to feel good and make us happy.  We need to take on the heart of the Apostle Paul that says, "by all possible means" I will reach people.  We must be willing to endure some things and walk through some things in order to reach some people.  We must be willing to sacrifice for the Gospel in order to be effective.  Sometimes reaching people for Christ is going to cost us something.  We must be willing to pay the price.

Prayer:

Father, I want to reach more people this year by personal evangelism than every before.  Help me to speak to people more and more about You.  Help me to use "all possible means" to reach out to others.  I want to build Your kingdom.  Help me to do it and to be willing to use whatever means needed.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment