Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Criticism and Barrenness

Scripture:

II Samuel 6:23  "And Michal daughter of Saul had no children to the day of her death".

Observation:

A story had just been told about David dancing wildly before the Lord as the ark of God was coming back to the City of David.  He was worshiping with all of his heart, soul, mind and strength.  His wife, Saul's daughter, was criticizing him for not acting like a king, but dancing wildly.  David replied that he would be more undignified than that in worshiping God and then the simple statement, "And Michal daughter of Saul had no children to the day of her death".

Application:

We should always be sensitive about criticizing someone's worship or how they respond to the presence of God.  People respond differently when the Spirit of the Lord comes upon them and we should never judge another person's response to God working in their life.  When we judge or look down on others concerning their worship, we can expect barrenness in our lives.  I want to be fruitful, not barren.

Prayer:

Father, forgive me for times when I have judged people's responses to Your presence.  You are incredible and I want more and more of Your presence in my life, my church and my city.  I want to see your glory.  Help me to never walk in fruitfulness and not judge another's worship or response to Your presence.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment