Friday, May 27, 2016

True Prophetic

Scripture:

I Corinthians 14:24-25  "But if an unbeliever or an inquirer come in while everyone is prophesying, they are convicted of sin and are brought under judgment by all, as the secrets of their hearts are laid bare.  So they will fall down and worship God, exclaiming, 'God is really among you!'"

Observation:

Paul here is bringing correction to the Corinthian church, who apparently did a lot of speaking in tongues in their public meetings.  He was telling them that prophecy is better than tongues unless tongues is interpreted.  He gives a picture of an unbeliever coming into a meeting where people are prophesying and says that they will be convicted of sin and judgment  their secrets will be laid bare and they will fall down and worship God saying that God is really here!

Application:

I want to see lost people walk into a church and see the real deal going on prophetically.  I want them to have God speak to them directly and to see them fall on their knees in repentance and begin worshiping God.  I want God's presence to be so real in our church that unbelievers say, "God is really among you!"  Let the true prophetic flow!

Prayer:

Father, let the true prophetic flow in and through my life.  Help me to hear Your voice and accurately speak on Your behalf.  I want to see ungodly people fall on their knees and worship You.  I want to see unbelievers and inquirers be brought under conviction and their hearts laid bare.  I want You to move in power in my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment