Tuesday, May 31, 2016

People Should Hear

Scripture:

I Kings 10:1  "When the queen of Sheba heard about the fame of Solomon and his relationship with the Lord, she came to test Solomon with hard questions".

Observation:

Solomon was incredibly wealthy and had abundance of everything.  Other royal families all over the earth were hearing about the wisdom of Solomon and the splendor of his kingdom.  The queen of Sheba came to visit him because she heard of his fame and "his relationship with the Lord".  Not only was Solomon famous for his money, but for his relationship with the Lord.

Application:

Can you imagine walking with the Lord so much that people come from far away because they hear about your relationship with the Lord?  Can you imagine being famous because of your relationship with the Lord?  I want a relationship with the Lord that provokes people to jealousy.  I want to walk with the Lord at deeper levels.  I want to be known more for my relationship with God than for what God has done through my life.

Prayer:

Father, I want to walk with You throughout this life.  I want to know You and fellowship with You.  I want to walk with you as friend with friend.  Help me to live a life that You can trust.  Teach me to know You more and more.  I want to develop our relationship into deeper levels.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment