Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Overflowing Hope

Scripture:

Romans 15:13  "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit".

Observation:

In this passage Paul speaks a powerful blessing over the people.  He asks that God would fill them with all joy and peace to that they could overflow with hope by the Holy Spirit.  In this I see that when we are filled with joy and peace, that we can then overflow with hope.  Overflowing hope comes from walking in joy and peace.

Application:

Joy and peace are fruit of the Spirit.  When we walk in the Spirit, the natural product should be joy and peace.  From that, we will be filled with overflowing hope.  When we focus on joy and peace, hope with follow.  I want to be a person of overflowing hope.  Hope causes us to endure present trials and tribulations.  Hope causes us to keep moving forward because we know things will get better.  When we lose hope, things turn bad.

Prayer:

Father, fill my life with joy and peace so that hope will come along with them.  I want to overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Teach me to have joy and peace in my life at all times and let hope fill my life.  You are the God of hope, let me represent You well.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment