Thursday, October 1, 2015

He Can Be Found

Scripture:

Isaiah 45:19  "I publicly proclaim bold promises.  I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner.  I would not have told the people of Israel to seek me if I could not be found.  I, the Lord, speak only what it true and declare only what is right".

Observation:

God is speaking through Isaiah and tells Israel that He would not have told Israel to seek Him if He could not be found.  God doesn't tell us to do things that are possible.  God tells us many times in His word that we will find Him when we seek for Him with all our heart.  He wants us to pursue Him and to seek Him, then He will let us find Him.

Application:

I'm seeing the days when my sons were little and we would play hide and seek.  I would hide and they would seek for me.  I didn't want it to be too easy to find me, but I also didn't want them to give up.  Therefore I made it where they would have to do some seeking before I let them find me.  God does the same, He is not purposely staying away from us, He just wants us to pursue and seek after Him.  He is worth the pursuit.

Prayer:

Father, help me to pursue You more and more.  I've been getting thirsty for You to move again in my life.  I want to know You more and to understand You better.  I want to see Your power and glory in my life.  When I played hide and seek with my boys, I would give them clues.  Give me some clues in the midst of my pursuit.  I want to find You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment