Saturday, October 24, 2015

God's Faithfulness Even in His Punishment

Scripture:

Jeremiah 46:28  "Do not be afraid, Jacob, my servant, for I am with you, says the Lord.  I will completely destroy the nations to which I have exiled you, but I will not completely destroy you.  I will discipline you, but with justice; I cannot let you go unpunished".

Observation:

God was speaking to his people and letting them know that, because of them running away from Him and serving other gods, He had to punish them by exiling them to another nation.  He let them know that he was punishing them by using other nations to put them into captivity, but that in the end he would judge the nations He used to punish His people and that they would return and be blessed.

Application:

Sometimes God allows us to go through some things temporarily so that we will turn back completely to Him.  Then He will punish those who punished us.  He will allow consequences for our sins, but then will make sure we return home to serve Him.  The bottom line is that He wants us to be fully committed to Him and Him alone.  When other things compete with Him in our lives, He will let us go for a while and fee the pain associated with not doing things His way, then He will bring us home again.  best choice... never leave Him!

Prayer:

Father, help me to follow You closely all the days of my life.  Let me live in Your blessing and see Your mighty hand upon my life.  I love You and want to serve You completely.  I don't want to serve any worthless idols, just You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment