Thursday, October 8, 2015

Asking and Seeking God

Scripture:

Isaiah 65:1  "I was ready to respond, but no one asked for help.  I was ready to be found, but no one was looking for me.  I said, 'Here I am!  Here I am!'  to a nation that did not call on my name".

Observation:

God is speaking through Isaiah and tells the people that He was totally ready to respond to their needs, but nobody bothered to ask Him or His opinion.  He was ready to be found by them, but nobody was looking for Him.  Sometimes, God is ready to work, but we don't ask Him or seek Him.

Application:

James tells us that we have not because we don't ask or because we ask with wrong motives.  We must realize that God wants to help us in our distresses, but that often we don't even bother coming to Him for help.  We often try to work out everything in our own way.  He wants us to come to Him with our problems, but we are not seeking Him.

Prayer:

Father, help me to call on You and seek You first in my life.  I don't want to hear that You had answers for me, but I didn't seek You.  Help me God in my life right now.  I need to hear Your voice clearly.  I need Your direction.  I want Your input.  I desire You to lead me into all truth.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment