Monday, October 5, 2015

An Ever-flowing Spring

Scripture:

Isaiah 58:11 "The Lord will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength.  You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring".

Observation:

God says to us here, that those who follow Him will receive water when they are thirsty and have their strength restored.  He let's us know that we will be like a well-watered garden and a spring that flows forever.  When we are "guided" by the Lord we can expect our strength to be renewed and to produce fruit.  We can expect to be satisfied in life.

Application:

Sometimes, when I get tired and frustrated, I don't feel like a well-watered garden.  I don't feel like an ever-flowing spring.  At these times I must take a step back and see if I am being led by the Lord.  When I'm being led by self, I over work and get frustrated.  When I'm led by the Lord, I prosper and enjoy life.  The question really is, "Am I being led by the Lord?"

Prayer:

Lord, you know my heart is to serve You faithfully.  You know I have laid down my life for You, yet sometimes I feel very empty and unfruitful.  Help me to hear Your voice and do what You want, not just what I see needs done.  Help me to live out Your plans for my life and not to get overburdened with things You haven't called me to do.  Teach me to lead well.  I want to be an ever-flowing spring.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment