Saturday, October 31, 2015

Reverent Submission Equals Answered Prayers

Scripture:

Hebrews 5:7  "During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission".

Observation:

Jesus, while He was on earth, prayed fervently to his Father with many tears.  He allowed His emotions to be part of His prayer time.  He was heard though, not because of his tears and fervency, but because of His reverent submission.

Application:

God is more impressed by our submission to Him than He is by our fervent prayers.  He delights in blessing those who submit to His will and follow His ways.  I have watched people pray for hours and hours at extreme volumes of intensity, which is admirable, but because they didn't do what God wanted in their personal lives, their prayers were not heard.  We must obey God in all areas, then prayer is much easier.

Prayer:

Father, thanks for showing me this about submission today.  Teach me to submit every area of my life to You.  Help me to live a fully surrendered  life.  As I submit to You, I know You will hear my prayers.  I love fervent emotional prayers, but I realize they are only as powerful as my submission to You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment