Monday, October 19, 2015

Pray for the Place You Live

Scripture:

Jeremiah 29:7  "And work for the peace and prosperity of the city where I sent you into exile.  Pray to the Lord for it, for its welfare will determine your welfare".

Observation:

Jeremiah tells the people who have been taken into exile that they should work for the peace and prosperity of the place they had been exiled because the welfare of the enemies who took them is determines their welfare.

Application:

When we are in bad situations at work, home, etc., we should pray to the Lord for the blessing of God there.  Even if the situation is terrible, as it was for Israel, we should pray for the peace and prosperity of those around us.  Even when you hate the place where you are now, you should pray for the peace and prosperity because their welfare determines your welfare.  This is great stuff!  When we are in a place we really don't want to be, we should remember that their success equals our success and brings favor.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, I pray for the blessing of Loudoun County Virginia.  I know at times I have hated the cost of living and wished I had been called elsewhere, but today I pray for the success of our county in every area.  May Your blessing come upon this region in huge ways.  Loudoun's welfare equals my welfare.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment