Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Transformed

Scripture:

Philemon 11  "Formerly he was useless to you, but now he has become useful both to you and to me".

Observation:

Paul is writing to Philemon about his runaway slave Onesimus.  Onesimus had run away from Philemon in the past and ended up meeting Paul.  Paul sent him back to Philemon with a message asking Philemon to receive him back as a brother.  Paul describes Onesimus by saying he was useless, but now he is useful.

Application:

I love seeing things go from useless to useful.  I love shows on television where they take something very old that appears useless, and restore it and bring it back to life.  God does the same thing in our lives when we give Him opportunity.  He will take the messed up person with a lot of wear and tear, and transform them into something of great value.

Prayer:

Father, help me to see people for who they can be instead of who they are.  I want to see You transform lives from being useless into being useful.  Bring restoration in and through my life as only You can do I pray.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment