Friday, October 16, 2015

Like a Great Warrior

Scripture:

Jeremiah 20:11  "But the Lord stands beside me like a great warrior, before Him my persecutors will stumble.  They cannot defeat me.  They will fail and be thoroughly humiliated.  Their dishonor will never be forgotten".

Observation:

Jeremiah had been prophesying destruction of God's people for a long time and they were tired of hearing it.  They were coming against him to shut him up.  He was one man prophesying against a whole nation that had gone astray, yet he stood with boldness and declared the word of the Lord.  He understood that the Lord was standing beside him like a great warrior.  He understood that he could not be defeated when God was on his side.

Application:

When we are walking in right standing with God, we can expect the same kind of faith to rise up within us.  God will protect and provide for His people, but His people must be in right relationship with Him.  He is more than able to take care of those who rise up against us.  We must ask God in increase our faith to be like Jeremiah's.

Prayer:

Father God, help me to know in my heart that You are with me and that my enemies will fail because You are by my side.  Strengthen and increase my faith daily.  You are amazing and I should trust You more and worry less.  I want to walk closer to You each day.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment