Thursday, October 22, 2015

Truth Prevails

Scripture:

Jeremiah 40:4  "But I am going to take off your chains and let you go.  If you want to come with me to Babylon, you are welcome.  I will see that you are well cared for.  But if you don't want to come, you may stay here.  The whole land is before you - go wherever you like".

Observation:

Jeremiah stood for God and was punished for it.  he told the true word of God when all the other prophets were speaking good positive messages, he was saying that Jerusalem would be destroyed.  He was imprisoned, put in a cistern and a dungeon, but in the end, when his words came true, he was set free and given the option to do whatever he wanted.

Application:

Sometimes saying the truth is not easy.  Sometimes it is easier to just say what people want to hear instead of what they need to hear.  We need to be more like Jeremiah who would only say what God wanted him to say.  When we are honest and right with God and doing His will, we will be blessed in the long run.  We may be persecuted in the process, but God will honor those who honor Him.

Prayer:

Father, help me to speak the truth in love.  Help me to declare Your word.  Help me to speak your words with clarity and boldness.  At the same time, bless my life and family.  As I honor You, bless my life and family.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment