Saturday, October 10, 2015

Don't Be Afraid of the People

Scripture:

Jeremiah 1:8  "And don't be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you.  I, the Lord, have spoken!"

Observation:

When God was calling Jeremiah, He knew what would be needed for the type of ministry Jeremiah would have.  Jeremiah was being called to a very strong prophetic ministry where he would be speaking to the nation of Israel.  His message was to be very strong and it would be tough to say what needed said.

Application:

When God calls you and anoints you for ministry, He will also give you what you need in order to do it.  Sometimes in ministry, it is hard to say the things you need to say because you fear what people will think.  God tells us not to be afraid of what people think, rather, be afraid of what He thinks.  As a minister of the Gospel, I need to be bold as a lion, declaring the word of the Lord.

Prayer:

Father, embolden me to speak Your word.  Let me hear Your voice clearly and speak up.  Let me be a vessel You can speak through, whatever You want to say.  Help me not to fear what people will think,

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment