Thursday, October 29, 2015

Acknowledge Who God is

Scripture:

Lamentations 5:19  "You, Lord, reign forever; your throne endures from generation to generation".

Observation:

In the midst of a book lamenting all the things that had happened and that God had allowed to happen to His people because of their sin, the author places this statement.  He says that God reigns forever and that His throne endures from generation to generation.  He acknowledges who God is, even though he is upset with what God has allowed.

Application:

Just as God's people in captivity and their land in destruction, sometimes we find ourselves in bad situations of our own making.  Sometimes we do things that cause us to be separated from God.  God hates sin, yet we continue to sin and bring problems into our lives because of it.  In the midst of the problems we have caused ourselves, we must acknowledge God for who He is.  He reigns and His throne endures all generations.  He deserves our worship, even when we don't deserve him.

Prayer:

Father, when I feel distanced from You because of my own choices, help me to run to You in worship and not away in disgrace.  Let me live a life of worship and praise because You are worthy and not because of anything I feel.  Help me to acknowledge who You are in everything I do.  You are worthy and I bless Your name!

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment