Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Overwhelmed

Scripture:

Isaiah 61:10  "I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God!  For He has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness.  I am like a bridegroom dressed for his wedding or a bride with her jewels".

Observation:

Isaiah describes what salvation should be like for us.  We should be overwhelmed with joy!  We should be clothed in salvation and have a robe called righteousness.  Revelation says that the white bridal garments are the righteous acts of the saints.  Our lives should look stunning to those around us.

Application:

I want to be radiant with joy again.  Sometimes through the difficulties of life, we lose our joy.  Joy and peace were the hallmarks of my life, but I have let the enemy steal them recently.  I want to be radiant for my Lord when He comes again.  I am making a decision to take back my joy and to be radiant again in my Lord's salvation.

Prayer:

Father, I love You and want to live a life of radiance!  Let my light shine!  Let joy and peace be my hallmarks again.  Let Your love fill my life.  Let Your joy fill my life and let me see the day of overwhelming joy.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment