Friday, October 2, 2015

He Knows What's Best for Me

Scripture:

Isaiah 48:17  "This is what the Lord says - your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is good for you and leads you along the paths you should follow'".

Observation:

God says here that He is the Holy One and He teaches us what is good for us and leads us along the paths we should follow.  God is saying, like the title of the old television show, "Father Knows Best".  Our Father knows what is good for us and wants to lead us into that.

Application:

If I love and trust my Father, then I listen to His advice.  I need to listen to God's voice every day of my life.  Sometimes I think I know better than God what is good for me.  He wants me to trust Him as my creator, that He knows what is best for my life and which path to follow.  I need to listen more instead of trying in my flesh to work everything out.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to be a better listener than a talker.  You have every answer to every question in my life.  You are the source of all wisdom, yet I tend to try to live life and make decisions based on what I think.  You know much better than me.  Help me to follow Your voice and walk on Your path.  You do know what is best for me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment