Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Lying Prophets

Scripture:

Jeremiah 14:15  "Therefore, this is what the Lord says: I will punish these lying prophets, for they have spoken in my name even though I never sent them.  They say that no war or famine will come, but they themselves will die by war and famine!"

Observation:

Jeremiah is filled with pictures of God very upset because He is ready to send destruction for the disobedience of His people, yet those who are suppose to be His prophets are telling the people that everything is okay and that only good things will happen.  God detests prophets who speak what He didn't tell them to speak.  He hates when they say everything is good when it is not.  God has nothing good to say about those who always prophesy that good things are coming.

Application:

We live in a dark world with many terrible things going on around us.  If you walk into most churches today you will hear a message of peace, peace.  They will tell us that God is love and would never allow anything bad to happen to any of us.  God hates it when his spokespeople don't represent Him well.  He is a holy God and we must search our hearts to hear a word from Him before we speak.

Prayer:

Father, let me rightly convey Your word to Your people.  Help me to accurately speak on Your behalf.  If You are angry, let me convey it.  If You are pleased, let me convey it accurately.  Help me not to be like the prophets of Jeremiah's day, but to speak the truth in love.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment