Thursday, October 15, 2015

Influence

Scripture:

Jeremiah 15:19  "This is how the Lord responds: 'If you return to me, I will restore you so you can continue to serve me.  If you speak good words rather than worthless ones, you will be my spokesman.  You must influence them; do not let them influence you!'"

Observation:

God speaks to Jeremiah here and lets him know that he is to be the one who influences, not the one who gets influenced.  God desires his people to be the ones who make an impact and influence others, rather than simply being the ones who get influenced by those around them.

Application:

We are God's ambassadors.  We are to be people who influence the world around us.  We are not to be influenced by the ways of this world, rather, we are to be the ones influencing others.  We must ask ourselves if we are being influenced or are we influencing our culture.  We must realize that God gives us His power to be influential.  We must ask ourselves if our lives are truly influential and making a difference in our society.  As God's ambassadors, we must have influence.

Prayer:

Father, make me influential.  Let me speak Your words, with Your power, and bring about change that is needed around me.  Help me to follow Your voice and fulfill Your will.  Let me not be changed into the mold of the world, but help me to change the mold.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment