Monday, October 12, 2015

Speaking Truth

Scripture:

Jeremiah 6:14  "The offer superficial treatments for my people's mortal wound.  They give assurances of peace when there is no peace".

Observation:

God is speaking here through Jeremiah and calling out the prophets and priests of his day.  He tells them that they are offering superficial treatments for mortal wounds and giving assurance of peace when there is no peace.  God wants His servants to speak truth.  He wants His people to hear the truth and not simply something that will sooth them in their sin.

Application:

As a pastor, I stand before people every week and declare the word of the Lord.  I must bring the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  I must make sure I am truly giving the clear word of the Lord and not just something that sounds good and makes people feel good.  We can't offer superficial treatments for people's mortal wounds.  I must bring the truth about people's sin and not give false assurances to people either.

Prayer:

Father, help me to represent You well.  Help me to speak what You want spoken and to do it in the way You want it done.  Let my life reflect You well to those around me.  Help me to speak the truth in love and to lead people to You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment