Friday, October 23, 2015

Listening to God

Scripture:

Jeremiah 42:3  "Pray that the Lord your God will show us what to do and where to go".

Observation:

A group of warriors came to Jeremiah asking him to pray to the Lord and ask Him what they should do and where they should go.  He did as they asked and gave them the word of the Lord.  They felt he was lying to them and therefore didn't listen.  They  went and did what was in their heart instead of obeying the word of the Lord and they were destroyed when they could have been saved by doing it God's way.

Application:

Many times we ask God for direction and he gives it to us, but when He gives it to us, we don't follow through on what he said.  When we ask God for direction, He will give it to us, but we must learn to be obedient to what He says.  he is not trying to hurt us, but put us into a place where He can bless us.  We must remember that His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts.

Prayer:

Lord God, teach me to listen fully and completely to You on all things.  Help me to follow you when it makes sense and when it doesn't in my eyes.  help me to listen to You over all the other voices speaking to me.  Direct my life.  Guide my life.  When You do, help me to obey and follow completely.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment