Friday, July 24, 2009

Who Can Teach a Lesson to God?

Scripture:

Job 21:22 "But who can teach a lesson to God, since He judges even the most powerful?

Observation:

Job continues to suffer and his friends keep looking for the sin in his life. They are telling him to quit talking about God in a negative way. He continues to complain about God and why He does the things he does. He has just spent time talking about why God lets the wicked prosper and evil people have prosperity. He then says, "who can teach God a lesson?"

Application:

Many times when we are going through hard times, we want to teach God a lesson and tell Him what He needs to do in order to get us out of the mess we created for ourselves. We are good at telling God what He needs to do. We figure out what we need Him to do, then petition Him for it. If God judges the most powerful of the earth, who are we to tell Him what He must do in any given situation? God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble. He wants us to be in a place where we cry out to Him and ask Him to take control. We must be the people who sincerely come to Him, not telling Him what He must do, but asking Him what we must do, then listening to His loving voice.

Prayer:

Lord, who are we to question You? Why do I feel I have the right to know why everything happens that happens? Teach me to trust You in every part of life. When I don't understand what You are doing, help me to trust You. I want to rely fully upon You. You are my rock and my fortress, in You I will trust. I need You more than life itself. Help me not to question, but to listen for direction. I need Your direction daily! Thank You for speaking this into my heart today.

Your Son, Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment