Monday, July 20, 2009

Laughter will come again!

Scripture:

Job 8:21 "He will once again fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy".

Observation:

Job's friend Bildad was comforting him and trying to be an encouragement to him. He gives Job confidence by sharing the nature and character of God with him. He tells Job, "God will not reject a person of integrity...He will once again fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy". Many times in Scripture we see that God brings joy and shouts. Wherever Jesus and the apostles went, there was "great joy" in the city.

Application:

God loves to bring joy to His people and wants us to be people characterized by joy. Life sometimes gets difficult and we are like Job, wishing it were over or we had never been born, but our God is the restorer of joy to His people. No matter what you are going through at this time, if you don't grow weary in well doing, you will laugh again. It may not seem like it today, but you will shout for joy one day if you don't give up too soon. Hold on, joy comes in the morning! When life gets you down, look up, there is a God who restores joy to His people.

Prayer:

Lord, I have been kind of down lately. Today You have spoken to me and given me hope through Your word that joy and laughter will come again. Help me not to get so wrapped up i the problems that I lose sight of You and Your joy. I want to walk in the joy and peace of the Lord. Teach me to relax and enjoy life again. Show me how to cast my care on You. I know You care for me. I look forward to shouting a victory shout and laughing a joyful laugh again soon.

I Love You, thanks for loving me and giving me hope today,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment