Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Covenant with My Eyes

Scripture:

Job 31:1 "I have made a covenant with my eyes; Why then should I look upon a young woman?"

Observation:

Job wanted to live an upright life and as he was defending himself before God and man he makes this statement, only found once in the bible. He says, "I have made a covenant with my eyes". Job's desire for integrity in every area of life caused him to do something nobody else we see in scripture doing. He made a covenant with his eyes to keep them from looking at a young woman.

Application:

Many men struggle with looking at young women. It is one of the biggest strongholds in men's lives, yet here we see a man who took it serious enough that he made a covenant with his eyes. He was proactive with tendency toward sin. He made a decision before temptation came so that the temptation would not be as effective. Every man needs to make a covenant with his eyes to keep them from straying and looking at women in a wrong way.

Prayer:

Lord, keep me from the temptation to look at young women. As we have been saying in Cleansing Stream"body, submit to my soul; soul, submit to my spirit; spirit, submit to the Spirit of God. Keep my eyes from wandering and keep me focused on You. You are my strength and my redeemer, You are my light and my salvation. I love You Lord.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment