Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Faith

Scripture:

Esther 4:14 "If you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance and relief for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die".

Observation:

Mordecai was sending word to Esther about the coming destruction of her people the Jews. In this statement you hear Mordecai's statement great faith. In the middle of telling about the coming of the Jews and Esther being killed, he says, "deliverance and relief for the Jews will arise from another place". Here you see perfect trust in God. He is basically saying, "I know we are going to be saved, but if you don't do something, God will use someone else and you may die in the process".

Application:

May our trust and faith in God be to such a degree that we know, "even if all Hell is breaking loose, I will be delivered, God just may have to use some other means than what I thought". basically he is saying that he knows God will deliver, how He will deliver and through whom He will deliver may not be what we thought, but I know He will deliver. This is real trust! Knowing, based on God's character, that He will take care of you, even when things look really bad!

Prayer:

Lord, teach us to walk in faith (absolute trust and obedience to You), no matter what comes our way. When things look terrible around us, may we have the type of faith that says, "I know things look really bad, but I know God will take care of me". Bring me into the level of trust that I know the heart and character of God and know His word well enough to know He will take care of me.

I Love You Lord,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment