Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Speaking in Faith

Scripture:

Nehemiah 2:20 "So I answered them, and said to them, 'The God of heaven Himself will prosper us; therefore we His servants will arise and build, but you have no heritage or right or memorial in Jerusalem'".

Observation:

Nehemiah had just seen Jerusalem with it's walls destroyed and gates burned. He cries out to the Lord and gathers the people together and challenges them to rebuild the walls of the city. They agree and say, "let us arise and build". Immediately the enemy comes through Sanballat and Tobiah and says basically, "who do you think you are and how will you accomplish this task?" Nehemiah responds with words of faith, "The God of heaven Himself will prosper us; therefore we His servants will arise and build".

Application:

Nehemiah responds to the threats of the enemy with a prophetic word of God's blessings. He knows in his heart that he is about the Father's business and that God will see them through because where God guides, He provides. Nehemiah speaks words of faith. Though he couldn't know all the details of how they would get the job done, he knew that God had spoken to him about rebuilding. He was standing on the word of the Lord and, though he couldn't see the answer, he spoke it anyway. "God will prosper us" are powerful words of faith. May we begin to believe that God is going to prosper us and if God calls us to do something, He will make it happen no matter what the skeptics think.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to be more faith-filled in my response to the enemy. Teach me to overcome by the blood of the lamb and the word of my testimony. Show me how to speak Your word with conviction and authority. I want to know You more and to see You for who You are! I want to know the power of Your resurrection and the fellowship of Your sufferings. Keep me on the faith side of life where I am always believing You for something new and fresh. Keep me talking right and convict me when my speech gets out of line with You word.

I Love You Lord,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment