Monday, July 27, 2009

The Value of Wisdom

Scripture:

Job 28:17 "Wisdom is more valuable than gold and crystal. It cannot be purchased with jewels mounted in fine gold".

Observation:

Job is speaking about wisdom and understanding in this chapter. Here he talks about the value of wisdom. He has heard his friends speak and doesn't think they have used much wisdom. Here he speaks of just how valuable wisdom is.

Application:

Wisdom is so incredibly important in our lives. We should look for it, discover it, seek for it and then value it when it comes by applying it to our lives. Wisdom will cause you to make the right decisions. It can be found in the people who have lived a long life and seen many ups and downs. Wisdom usually moves slower that excitement, but has a more stable and mature path. Wisdom will keep you going the right way when everything in you wants to go the wrong way. The way of the wise is prosperous! Seek for wisdom and you will find prosperity, health, joy, discipline, peace and everything else you need to live a godly long life. Once we receive wisdom, we must apply it to our lives. Many times we know what to do, but have a hard time doing it.

Prayer:

Father, I want to walk with the wise in my family, finances, faith and future. I want to live a life of wisdom and obedience. Teach me to seek wisdom on every area of my life, then give me the discipline to do the right things. Wisdom is valuable to me as I get older. Help me walk out the wisdom you give me. Place wise people in my life I pray that will help teach me wisdom. IT IS VALUABLE!

Your the best,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment