Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Power of Joy and Peace

Scripture:

Romans 15:13 "I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit".

Observation:

Paul reveals a powerful secret of the Kingdom in this verse. He tells the Romans that he prays God will fill them with joy and peace because they trust Him. Joy and peace apparently only come through trust. When you really trust God on something, you will have confident peace and there will be joy because you know God is in control. he goes on to say that when we have joy and peace from God, we will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. Confident hope comes from having joy and peace through the power of the Holy Spirit and fully trusting God.

Application:

Stress and anxiety are probably the two strongest things our society is dealing with. Stress and anxiety come from feeling you are out of control and have no control of your life, plans, or future. They destroy you emotionally, physically and spiritually. Trusting in God brings us from stress and anxiety into joy and peace, which lead us to confident hope through the Holy Spirit. Because there are times when God hasn't answered our prayers like we thought he should, we sometimes tend to take back the trust we are suppose to give Him. We trust ourselves and it is very difficult to trust someone else, especially when you can't see them. We must learn to trust God and His word and walk in faith, believing that He is, and He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to be full of confident hope in You. I want to be filled with joy and peace, which only come from trusting You. Teach me to trust You more. I want to lean upon You in every area of my life and trust You more each day. I want to move above stress and anxiety and believe that You will take care of me. I'm not doing real good at this right now and need Your help. Thank You for giving me confident hope this morning in my prayer time and a vision and how to implement it. Give me the strength to do what I know needs done.

I Love You Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment