Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pure as Gold

Scripture:

Job 23:9-10 "I do not see him in the north, for he is hidden. I look to the south, but he is concealed. But he knows where I am going. And when he tests me, I will come out as pure as gold".

Observation:

Job is replying to his friends that during this time he is not able to see God. He can't seem to hear his voice. Everywhere he looks for God, he can't find Him. Yet even when his life was going terrible, Job says, "but he knows where I am going". Job trusted that God knew where he was and where he was going. Because he knew God, he was able to stay strong during the test and he knew he would come out as pure as gold.

Application:

Sometimes it is difficult to see God's hand when we are going through difficult times. We look for him and can't seem to find him. We listen for His voice, yet feel He is not speaking. It is in these times we need to be like Job and live right no matter what we feel. We must not live by feelings, but by faith. Many times God will feel distant and we won't know what to do. In those times, be faithful and live right, knowing that He does see and it is only a test. When the test is done, you want to come out as pure gold.

Prayer:

Lord, let me be strong when I don't see Your hand. Teach me to live right when it feels that you are distant. I want to pass every test that comes into my life. Help me to be found faithful when times are good and when times are bad. You are awesome and I love you more every day!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment