Friday, July 17, 2009

We Shall Reap!

Scripture:

Galatians 6:9 "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart".

Observation:

Paul is talking about sowing and reaping, which has been a principle since the beginning of time. In this passage he tells the Galatians not to grow weary while doing good, because there will be a day of harvest if you don't lose heart.

Application:

I am convinced that we sometimes miss our blessing and our harvest because we grow weary and lose heart in what we are doing. Sometimes we just simply give up too soon, thus missing the reward of our labor. Paul had been shipwrecked, stoned and left for dead, run out of town, persecuted in every way and is telling others, "hold on...your harvest is coming". I don't want to give up before God is finished in a situation. If the farmer gave up when he saw only a little bud coming through the ground, he would never see the day of harvest. There is a time between seed time and harvest, the problem is that we don't know how long that period is. If God has spoken something to your heart, hold on through thick and thin to your dream and God's desire will come to pass in due season. Just know that "due season" will come.

Prayer:

Lord, give me strength to do what You have called me to do. Help me not grow weary and lose heart while waiting for the completion of the vision You have given me. Help me to stay focused on why You sent me and not worry about if things are where I want them to be at any certain time. Help me take my hands off, do what You speak to me, and leave the rest to You. Give me courage to speak to those who oppose and don't want to wait for the day of harvest. I know "due season" is coming in my life, help me deal with those who don't see it. Keep me stirred up when I don't see the results I want to see, when I want to see them.

I Love You Lord,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment