Friday, July 3, 2009

Real Life is in Obedience

Scripture:

Nehemiah 9:29 "They did not follow your regulations, by which people will find life if only they obey".

Observation:

This passage is part of a prayer prayed by the people as they were rededicating themselves to following the Lord. They had realized that only in serving the Lord completely would they experience real life.

Application:

Many people feel that the word of God is so restricting that they want nothing to do with it. They feel like serving the Lord is such a pain because there are so many things they are not allowed to do according to the Law. The truth is that only in obedience to God's laws and ways are people going to find real life. God is the giver of life and every good and perfect gift comes from Him. He knows best how to make life great, but this secret is hidden from those who don't believe. Partial obedience doesn't work, delayed obedience doesn't work, only full obedience brings the blessing of God. Real life is found in following the Lord fully and obeying His commands. Obey and live a great life!!!!

Prayer:

Lord, help me to follow You with all my heart and to "fully" obey Your word in every area. When You speak to me, help me obey completely and leave nothing You say undone. I want to LIVE life to the fullest and I see that is only possible when I walk in complete obedience. Teach me more every day as I try to serve You with all my heart.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment