Thursday, July 2, 2009

When God Does the Work

Scripture:

Nehemiah 6:16 "And it happened, when all our enemies heard of it, and all the nations around saw all these things, that they were very disheartened in their own eyes; for they perceived that this work was done by our God".

Observation:

The wall Nehemiah had wanted to build was not only built in 52 days, but it was very strong! God's people worked together to accomplish something great and He came along and blessed their efforts. Everyone around knew this was humanly impossible. Everyone knew there was divine intervention and it scared them.

Application:

When we accomplish things in life, people should look and know, with out their God, that was impossible. We want to be in the place where the things we are doing for God are so great that only God can accomplish them. It was evident in this story that their God had done the work. The people worked hard, but God got the glory. That's the way it's suppose to be. WE like to get the glory and tell everyone how hard we worked, but God wants to receive the glory for whatever we accomplish here on this earth. I want to see God work in a way that is undeniably God. I want to see Him do things that nobody can argue with. I want to see God's fame grow in the earth because of the things His people are accomplishing.

Prayer:

Lord, don't let me shy away from attempting great things for Your name. When Word of Life is fully accomplishing it's vision, let people have to say, "it must have been God". There is no way those things are possible without divine intervention. I give you my church, my life and my family and ask that You be glorified in each of them. Work in my life to the place where people can't help but say, "God is on his side". I love serving You Lord. You are amazing! Teach me how to accomplish these things in Jesus name.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment