Monday, February 26, 2024

Stir My Heart

Scripture:

 ”While the incense was being burned, a great crowd stood outside, praying. While Zechariah was in the sanctuary, an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing to the right of the incense altar.“ ‭‭Luke‬ ‭1‬:‭10‬-‭11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

There had been 400 years of silence between the testaments. There had been no revelation and no prophetic words going forth, yet on this day there was a great crowd gathered outside the Temple and were praying while Zechariah offered incense to the Lord. God was apparently drawing people to Himself for a great crowd to be assembled and praying. Possibly it was a feast day, but it is astounding that after hundreds of years of silence, people were gathered at the place of prayer. There must have been a sense that God was up to something.

Application:

When God is about to move, there is a sense among people that something is coming. God has a way of preparing people for what He is about to do. He stirs the hearts of people and causes them to hunger and thirst for Him. Though today it seems that God is far from people’s hearts, I sense a stirring in the Spirit that God is about to do something in this nation. I believe God is pulling at the hearts of His people to return to Him. Something is up and we must respond when God speaks.

Prayer:

Father, I don’t want to miss out on anything You want me to do. If You are going to move, I want to know about it. I want to be one of the ones at the temple in prayer when things are about to change. Pull me by Your Spirit and draw me to where I need to be at all times. I am Yours.

Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment