Thursday, February 8, 2024

God’s Self Description

 Scripture:

”The Lord passed in front of Moses, calling out, “Yahweh! The Lord! The God of compassion and mercy! I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.“ ‭‭Exodus‬ ‭34‬:‭6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, Moses encounters the Lord God Almighty up close and personal. God passes in front of Moses and calls out, “Yahweh! The Lord! The God of compassion and mercy! I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.” God describes Himself as being compassionate and merciful. He says He is slow to anger and full of unfailing love and faithfulness. This is who God is!

Application:

First, I must believe and live like God is who He says He is. I must believe that He is full of love and compassion and mercy for me. I must believe He has unfailing love and faithfulness without measure. Then I must show others through my life. I need to up my level of being compassionate and full of mercy. I need to be like my Father, slow to anger and filled with unfailing love. I need these traits in my life in ever-increasing measure.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, I want to be more like You as I grow older. Let my life reflect Your life. Let me walk in the attributes that You have. Help me to represent You well in my generation. Show me how to live as You would live. Let me live a life that You want me to live. 

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment