Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Distinguish

 Scripture:

”You must distinguish between what is sacred and what is common, between what is ceremonially unclean and what is clean.“ ‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭10‬:‭10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God spoke to Moses and told him that the priests needed to distinguish between what is sacred and what is common, between the unclean and the clean. In other words, there are things we need to stay away from and things we must treat as holy and separate. In the New Testament, Jesus provided all the sacrifice we will ever again need. We are no longer under obligation to live under the OT laws, but we still must learn to distinguish between holy and unholy.

Application:

The challenge for us today is to live holy without falling into legalism and tradition. There are things we need to stay away from because they are not holy. We have to use our discernment instead of a written law. Paul said that all things were permissible, but not all things are good for you. Our job is to distinguish between the two and to live lives that are holy before God, while realizing that we cannot be holy but by the blood of Jesus.

Prayer:

Father, I want to be holy, but I don’t want to be a religious Pharisee. I want to live a life that honors You completely and is separate from the world, yet is not just religious. I want to live with the holiness of Christ. I want Christ to live in me and through me every day, showing me how to live and what to stay away from and what to run to. Lead me Holy Spirit, and I will follow You.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment