Monday, February 12, 2024

Be Careful Who You Listen To

 Scripture:

”She went out and asked her mother, “What should I ask for?” Her mother told her, “Ask for the head of John the Baptist!”“ ‭‭Mark‬ ‭6‬:‭24‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The daughter of Herod had danced a beautiful danced that made daddy proud. He asked her what she wanted, up to half of his kingdom. She asked her mother what she should ask for and her mother told her to ask for the head of John the Baptist. The girl could have had anything she wanted, but the one she trusted to advise her, gave her terrible advice that killed one of the greatest men of God to ever live.

Application:

We must be careful who we listen to for advice. Herodius asked her mother, who had an improper lust for revenge on John the Baptist. She wanted him dead and this was her opportunity. Sometimes the people we ask advice from have issues that may cause their judgment to be skewed. We must seek the Lord’s wisdom in all things. There is wisdom in the multitude of counselors, but a single opinion may be off because of their past hurts or issues.

Prayer:

Father, I want to walk in Your wisdom and not just do what others, who I look up to, tell me I should do. Help me to hear clearly from You on all things and teach me to follow Your ways always. I don’t want skewed advice from people I look up to. I want to do exactly what You want me to do.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment