Wednesday, February 21, 2024

God and the Poor

Scripture:

 ”“Then the priest will offer the two turtledoves or the two young pigeons, whichever the person can afford.“ ‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭14‬:‭30‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

These chapters of Leviticus speak clearly of how to deal with diseases and impurities. They require certain offerings when a person is considered cleansed. I love this verse because it gives an option for those who can’t afford the required offering. God understands when people don’t have enough money and He gives them options. They still need to be cleansed, but can offer a more affordable option. 

Application:

We have to look out for the needs of the poor. God always takes the poor into consideration and we must as well. He makes Himself available to the poor and the needy. We should help people follow God, no matter how much money they have, or don’t have. Money should never be a hindrance for those who come to God. 

Prayer:

Father, help me never to judge those who are poor. You have blessed my life and helped me through many difficult financial situations. Help me to have grace and mercy on those who are where I have been in my life. Help me to never judge people who are poor, but to help them to rise up and walk in Your blessing. Teach me the difference between being a help and being an enabler.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment