Thursday, February 15, 2024

Deserted

 Scripture:

”Then all his disciples deserted him and ran away.“ ‭‭Mark‬ ‭14‬:‭50‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus started out His ministry with thousands following Him. He was a rock star in his day with huge crowds of people wanting to hear Him. When it came to the end, everyone, including His disciples, deserted Him and ran away when He was arrested. He understands what it feels like to have people desert you and walk away from you.

Application:

Jesus knows everything we go through. When people walk away from us and the crowds diminish, He had been there and felt what we experience. When we are rejected by those who were close to us in the past, Jesus understands. He has been tempted in all points like we are, yet without sin. I hate losing people and having them upset with me and I need God’s help when people walk away.

Prayer:

Father, help me to do everything You ask me to do. Help me to do the right things, even when people walk away. Give me strength to walk through life and love people like Christ did, even when they desert me. Teach me to live like Jesus and to demonstrate His goodness at all times. Help me to never look at the crowd size to determine if I am doing Your will.

Your Son Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment