Monday, February 5, 2024

Hospitable to the Holy Spirit

 Scripture:

‬‬ “Have the people of Israel build me a holy sanctuary so I can live among them. You must build this Tabernacle and its furnishings exactly according to the pattern I will show you..” ‭‭Exodus‬ ‭25‬:‭8‬-‭9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God’s desire from the beginning has always been the same. “So I can live among them.” Throughout the Old and New Testaments we see the heart of God to be with His people so they can be His people and He can be their God. In order to do that in the Old Testament, they had to build a sanctuary to house the presence of God and it had to be perfectly built according to what He showed them. In the New Testament, we are the Temple of God.

Application:

I need to live with the awareness that God resides inside of me, just as He resided in the Temple or the Tabernacle in Old Testament times. He has prescriptions called holiness. He doesn’t inhabit dirty vessels, but wants things done orderly and in His way. He gave us everything we need for holiness and godliness. We must operate in these things by the power of His Spirit. 

Prayer:

Father, I want You to feel at home in my life. Help me to clean out the closets and keep your house free from anything that would displease You. Help me to live a life that honors You completely. Live in and through my life. Let my body be a Temple You feel at home in. Help me to show You hospitality well.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment