Friday, February 23, 2024

Set Apart and Holy

 Scripture:

”You must be holy because I, the Lord, am holy. I have set you apart from all other people to be my very own.“ ‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭20‬:‭26‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking to His people, the people of Israel, and He tells them that they must be holy because He had set them apart from all other people to be His very own. He desired a people who would be His very own and who would represent Him well on the earth. 

Application:

God has always wanted a people who would be completely His so He could be their God and they could be His people. Since Christ, we Gentiles have been grafted into His family and accepted as sons and daughters. We must be holy as He is holy. We must be set apart for His glory and honor. My life needs to be completely God’s. I must live set apart for Him. That is what sanctification is. I want to live a sanctified life that bring God glory and that is separated for His purposes.

Prayer:

Father, show me how to live a holy life that is set apart for You and Your kingdom. Teach me to walk in Your authority as a son. I want You to know You can trust me and I want to be Your very own. I want my life to be separated for Your purposes and not my own. Teach me to live completely for You. Bless my life, my family, my church, and my region.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment