Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Forgiveness and Answered Prayer

 Scripture:

”But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.”“ ‭‭Mark‬ ‭11‬:‭25‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus was talking about faith and getting prayers answered. Right after saying you can speak to mountains and they have to move, He says, “when you are praying. First forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so your Father in heaven will forgive your sins too.” Part of the key to answered prayer is forgiving those who hurt you, not just faith.

Application:

Forgiveness is huge in our walk with God. Jesus said in other places that we cannot be forgiven if we don’t forgive others. We must learn to forgive quickly and easily. We must never hold a grudge against anyone for anything. Jesus taught us to let it go and forgive those who hurt us. This is a hard teaching, but super powerful.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to walk in step with You at all times. Enable me to never hold a grudge or hold unforgiveness in my heart toward anyone. I want to be more like You everyday. Speak to me when I mess up and show me the way forward each day. Let my life bring You honor and praise.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment