Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Fruit

 Scripture:

”A tree is identified by its fruit. Figs are never gathered from thornbushes, and grapes are not picked from bramble bushes. A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart.“ ‭‭Luke‬ ‭6‬:‭44‬-‭45‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus says here that a tree is identified by its fruit. Our lives are identified by what we produce. Rather than what we think we are, we are what comes from within us. Everything flows out of the heart and from the heart cafe or death, blessing or cursing. 

Application:

If people examine my life, would they believe Jesus is the only and best way to live? If people look at the fruit on my tree and what comes out of me, would they know beyond the shadow of a doubt that Christ is in me and that He flows from my heart? I want to be able to answer those questions well and to be in a place where I can exemplify Christ to a hurting world around me. 

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, live big in me. Teach me to walk abiding in the vine and allowing Christ to form and fashion my life. Let my words be Your words. Let my thoughts be Your thoughts. Teach me to walk in step with Your Spirit at all times and let me represent You well every day. Let me respond how You would want me to respond.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment