Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Come with FAITH, not IF

 Scripture:

”“What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.”“ ‭‭Mark‬ ‭9‬:‭23‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

They brought Jesus a difficult case where His disciples were not able to cast a demon from a child who was tormented and could not talk. The father said the words, “If you can,” to Jesus and He replied, “IF I CAN?” He continued by saying, “Anything is possible if a person believes.” Faith believes that God will do what He says He will do. We are meant to be a people of faith, who do the impossible.

Application:

We should never come into God’s presence with an “If You can.” We already know He can do all things. We must come to God in faith and believe that anything is possible for him who believes. Jesus often made statements like this. We must begin to walk in what He died to give us. I want to be a person of faith and to live a life of obedience. I long to see what God can do through someone who truly believes. 

Prayer:

Father, let me never come to You with IF, but in FAITH. Help me to be a true believer. Work in my life in this area. Teach me what it means to believe and see the results of “anything is possible.” Let me not hinder Your work because of my lack of belief. I want my life to please You above all things. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment